Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: How much for a doll in 1986?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I bought Sam and Kirsten in 1987 they cost $82. I think the price went up briefly to $87 or $89 and then came back down.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can settle this. I was only a year old in 1986 but my dad bought on ebay the very first ever catalog for me, so I will look for you.
    Hold on.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 24, 2005 09:39 PM: Message edited by: StarTrekCaptain ]</font>

  3. #13
    Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay here it is. I had to go up to my room and check, but I was expecting to spend like half an hour just looking for it! Luckily it was right on my shelves!

    Doll with Paperback book- $68.00

    Doll with hardcover book- $75.00

    Collector's Doll- $95.00

    Note: the Collector's doll is where you paid more for the following:

    -doll comes with a hardcover book signed by the author of the book
    -doll is signed and numbered across the stomache by Pleasant T. Rowland
    -doll comes with a numbered certificate of authenticity

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ June 24, 2005 10:55 AM: Message edited by: StarTrekCaptain ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 24, 2005 09:38 PM: Message edited by: StarTrekCaptain ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am pretty sure they were in the $60's somewhere. $68 sounds right. I remember being really disappointed when they went into the $70's because it meant I had to save up for longer.

    I think Robin/QNPoohBear has some old catalogs; I don't know if she has one from 1986 though.

  5. #15
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Doll with Paperback book- $68.00
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yay I wasn't going insane. Thanks for checking your catalog!

  6. #16
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, Ann, I don't have the 86 catalog [img]frown.gif[/img] My first one is from spring 88.

  7. #17
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Yikes! $95 for a signed doll? I saw someone pay $1200 for a signed Molly on Ebay a few months ago!

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Princess_Lyndsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw someone pay $1200 for a signed Molly on Ebay a few months ago!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow! [img]eek.gif[/img] I would never pay that much, no matter who signed the doll . That's an entire doll's colection, plus some! [img]eek.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Too bad we can't go back in time and buy several at $95! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! That was very cheap for a doll. I guess back in the 80s paying $68 for a doll was a lot of money for some people. I hope they do bring back that price. Pleasant Rowland was head then. Now, Mattel is, alot of things have changed since mattel owned the company though. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •